Welcome to Family Service of the Piedmont's homepage. We hope this site will be useful to our visitors who share our vision of Building Safe and Healthy Families.
About Family Service
Family Service of the Piedmont is the largest private, nonprofit agency of its kind in Guilford County, NC. The agency empowers individuals and families in crisis to restore hope, achieve stability and thrive through quality support services, advocacy and education.
Agency Programs Include:
- Domestic Violence Shelters, providing safety, therapy, and court advocacy for battered women and their children;
- Children’s Advocacy Centers, which coordinate the investigation and treatment of child sexual abuse;
- Individual and Family Counseling for victims of depression, anxiety, relationship problems, Substance Abuse or other Mental Health Issues;
- Free Consumer Credit Counseling to help families reduce debt and avoid bankruptcy or foreclosure;
- In-Home Therapy and Support for new mothers with heightened stress factors; and
- Family Preservation intervention for families at risk of having their children removed from the home.