Director of Consumer Credit Counseling Services
March 27, 2015
Family Service of the Piedmont is a not for profit agency whose mission is to promote healthy lives and relationships for children, families and individuals, through early intervention, treatment and support in times of crisis or transition.
The agency is seeking a Director of Consumer Credit Counseling Services to assure quality services, financial stability, and programmatic structure of the Consumer Credit Counseling Services Division.
1. Utilize the Strategic Plan to guide programs in the Consumer Credit Counseling Services Division.
2. Provide administrative and programmatic oversight to the programs in the Consumer Credit Counseling Services Division, which includes recommendations on all decisions about hiring, transferring, promoting, and disciplinary action of division staff; reviewing and approving staff evaluations; and ensuring staff opportunities for educational and professional growth.
3. Provide direct supervision of program coordinators in the division.
4. Maintain fiscal integrity of program and adherence to stated policies for the proper handling of client and creditor funds.
5. Supervise and oversee the Trust Management Team.
6. Maintain a client centered approach by providing case consultation, maintaining uniform policies and procedures, following ethical standards and coordinating services with other programs within the agency.
7. Design and implement new programming to meet community and client needs.
8. Assure quality service for the community by enforcing rules, regulations and legal requirements.
9. Maintain active professional interest in the consumer credit field; attends selected seminars, conferences, workshops etc., to increase knowledge and expertise in primary areas of performance responsibility; share new information with staff and incorporate new approaches into practice.
10. Assume budgetary responsibility for the division
11. Work to secure grants or other funding to help assure fiscal viability of division programs
12. Ensure quality services by maintaining standards set by the Agency’s accrediting agents, and other standards of accountability including clinical record documentation, outcome measurements and Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement functions.
13. Promote the Consumer Credit Counseling Services Division and the agency in the community by developing and maintaining relationships with other agencies, organizations, colleges and universities for cooperation and collaboration on services and referrals; and by other marketing strategies.
14. Establish relationships with local and national creditors to offer viable alternatives and options for their customers.
15. Serve on the Agency Leadership Team and perform other duties and responsibilities as requested by the Chief Program Officer and as needed for effective Agency functioning.
1. The ability to respond appropriately to the cultural differences present among the organization’s service population and staff is required.
2. Ability to work in partnership with other team members.
3. Ability to forge a mutually respectful partnership with persons served and their families in which they are helped to gain the skills and confidence to address any issues and problems they face.
4. Conviction about the capacity of people to grow and change.
5. Ability to set limits and maintain the helping role of the practitioner and to intervene appropriately to meet the needs of the persons served or other family members.
6. Knowledge of grant writing and processes preferred.
7. Knowledge of housing counseling programs preferred.
8. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school within a related field. Master’s preferred.
9. Minimum of three years supervisory experience within the credit counseling industry.
Send resume and letter to:
Family Service of the Piedmont
902 Bonner Drive
Jamestown, NC 27282
FAMILY SERVICE OF THE PIEDMONT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER