High Point Court Advocate
February 26, 2014
Family Service of the Piedmont is a not for profit agency whose mission is to promote healthy lives and relationships for children, families and individuals, through early intervention, treatment and support in times of crisis or transition.
The agency is seeking a Court Advocate to provide comprehensive services to victims of violent and/or intrusive crimes; to provide coordination and referral services to men who batter and their partners through the court system and to serve as agency liaison with the court system.
1. Reduces stress and trauma for victims by providing crisis intervention and advocacy services to clients, coordinating cases with the Guilford County court system and the community, referring clients to community resources, providing crisis lines services and accompanying clients to medical, legal or judicial procedures.
2. Documents services by writing progress reports and completing other documentation as required by the agency, accreditation and ethical standards.
3. Educates the community about family violence, sexual assault and other crimes by training and providing community education programs as needed.
4. Maintains harmonious working environment by participation in team and staff meetings, consulting with staff regarding topic areas, respecting cultural and lifestyle differences and by providing support and encouragement to other staff members.
5. Assists agency in overall service delivery by performing other administrative duties as delegated or required.
1. The ability to respond appropriately to the cultural differences present among the organization’s service population and staff is required.
2. Ability to work in partnership with other team members.
3. Ability to forge a mutually respectful partnership with persons served and their families in which they are helped to gain the skills and confidence to address any issues and problems they face.
4. Conviction about the capacity of people to grow and change.
5. Ability to set limits and maintain the helping role of the practitioner and to intervene appropriately to meet the needs of the persons served or other family members.
6. Minimum of Bachelor’s level degree in criminal justice, human service or related field.
Send resume and letter to:
Family Service of the Piedmont
1401 Long Street
High Point NC 27262
FAMILY SERVICE OF THE PIEDMONT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER