Director of Victim Services
May 13, 2013
Family Service of the Piedmont is a not for profit agency whose mission is to promote healthy lives and relationships for children, families and individuals, through early intervention, treatment and support in times of crisis or transition.
The agency is seeking a Director of Victim Services to assure quality services, financial stability, and programmatic structure to the Victim Services Division.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
1. Maintains a client centered approach to the Victim Services Division by providing case consultation, maintaining uniform policies and procedures, following ethical standards and coordinating services with other programs within the agency.
2. Develops a competent and productive staff by providing individual and team supervision, delegating tasks and duties, hiring staff and maintaining a harmonious and positive working environment.
3. Assures quality advocacy service to victims by maintaining positive relationships with outside agencies, maintaining uniform policy and procedures, following ethical standards and coordinating services with other programs within the agency.
4. Maintains quality community relations by overseeing the relationships with the task forces against violence, overseeing the Children’s Advocacy Centers and cultivating positive relationships within the community.
5. Assures financial stability for the Victim Services Division by overseeing budget expenditure and coordinating processes with the finance department
1. The ability to respond appropriately to the cultural differences present among the organization’s service population and staff is required.
2. Ability to work in partnership with other team members.
3. Ability to forge a mutual respectful partnership with persons served and their families in which they are helped to gain the skills and confidence to address any issues and problems they face.
4. Conviction about the capacity of people to grow and change.
5. Ability to set limits and maintain the helping role of the practitioner and to intervene appropriately to meet the needs of the persons served or other family members.
6. Bachelor’s degree in human services or related field required; Master’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
7. Minimum of three years supervisory experience.
Send resume and letter to:
Family Service of the Piedmont
902 Bonner Drive
Jamestown, NC 27282
FAMILY SERVICE OF THE PIEDMONT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER