Database Efficiency Manager
September 18, 2014
Family Service of the Piedmont is a not for profit agency whose mission is to promote healthy lives and relationships for children, families and individuals, through early intervention, treatment and support in times of crisis or transition.
The agency is seeking a Database Efficiency Manager to manage and maintain all Agency databases by identifying and solving all database requirements and supporting all users.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
1. Identifies all Agency database requirements by assessing staff needs; analyzing program operations including grant and/or contract requirements. Evaluate existing systems and/or design proposed systems.
2. Recommends solutions by defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, data back-up, and recovery specifications.
3. Maintains database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters; implementing new releases; completing maintenance requirements; evaluating computer operating systems and hardware products.
4. Prepares and supports users by conducting training; providing information; resolving problems.
5. Maintain, manage and develop databases necessary for accurate reporting of work of the agency.
6. Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
7. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
8. Maintain current systems and process while continually searching for and identifying ways to increase efficiency and reduce costs.
1. The ability to respond appropriately to the cultural differences present among the organization’s service population and staff is required.
2. Ability to work in partnership with other team members.
3. Excellent problem solving skills and attention to detail required.
4. Database Performance Tuning, Database Security, Promoting Process Improvement, Presenting Technical Information, Quality Focus
5. Proficient in:
• Microsoft SQL Server (including executing SQL queries, creating views, creating triggers and stored procedure as well as adding users, and creating backups)
• Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
• Crystal Reports
6. Experience working with Echo software strongly preferred.
Send resume and letter to:
Family Service of the Piedmont
902 Bonner Drive
Jamestown, NC 27282
FAMILY SERVICE OF THE PIEDMONT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER