Message from the President and Board Chair:
Catch the Vision: Safe and Healthy Families
Family Service of the Piedmont has had much to celebrate this year. We set out with three primary goals: to maintain fiscal sustainability, to establish our agency as community experts in our core programs, and to attract and retain high caliber staff. We have been successful in all areas.
All of our programs have embraced a “No Margin, No Mission” philosophy. This means we are managing our expenses so that the full cost of each program is covered by that program’s revenues. We have streamlined our infrastructure, creating an Electronic Health Record and integrating software to reduce billing errors and provide accurate, timely information. We have expanded our fundraising efforts, resulting in a 20% increase in dollars raised from the community.
Family Service is widely regarded as an expert resource on topics of domestic violence, child abuse, mental health and financial wellbeing. Our programs are outcomes driven and evidence-based, best practice interventions.
Program successes this year include:
- increased capacity in our Children’s Advocacy Centers;
- added on-site psychiatric medication management services;
- introduced a new mortgage modification program;
- added Harmony House supervised visitation services;
- expanded Outpatient Mental Health, Substance Abuse and Incredible Years services in Randolph county;
- partnered in the creation of a Victim’s Justice Center in High Point and the Guilford County Family Justice Center in Greensboro; and
- created a new dual diagnosis program for clients with both mental health and substance use disorders.
The staff at Family Service are our most important resource. This year we have focused on maintaining a competitive overall compensation package, creating a wellness program and increasing understanding of staff benefits. This has resulted in low staff turnover (14%) and high staff satisfaction, with 89.2% of staff reporting that
they are satisfied with their job.
All of these goals come together to ensure our long-term vision of Family Service of the Piedmont as a thriving agency known for its expertise in providing high-caliber core programs. We have had a truly outstanding year!
Read More in Family Service’s Annual Report